Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Monday, October 15, 2018
Saturday, October 13, 2018
When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandles, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit.
You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickles for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.
But for now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.
But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.
By Jenny Joseph
Thursday, October 11, 2018
Monday, October 8, 2018
Oct 1: 174.4
Oct 8: 173.4
☆Loss/gain: -1 pound
This week's highest weight: 174.6
This week's lowest weight: 173.2
Seven day average: 173.9
Oct 1-7, 2018
1. I didn't take my vitamins all week.
2. I did 16 hour fasts on three days.
☆3. My water goal was 224 oz. I drank 236 oz.
4. My step goal was 35,000. My total was 29,670.
5. My miles goal was 14. My total: 11.8 miles.
6. My minutes of exercise goal was 210. My total 174 minutes. (That's only 2.9 hours as compared to my 16 hours of stitching this week. LOL )
7. I wanted to workout on at least 5 days, only completed 3 days.
8. My workouts on those 3 days were:
Minimum 30 minute walks
2 sets of 10 crunches
1 set of 10 push ups (modified, wall push ups)
One day of extreme housework (it totally counts, right?)
Other health issues:
1. Chronic back pain isn't fun.
2. Having problems with my hearing. Can't hear anything out of left ear, but inside it's a constant ringing. And the things I hear on the right side sound like they are coming from a tunnel.