Thursday, October 12, 2017

Date Night

Ok, so it was actually afternoon,  but it still counts. I wanted to do a Halloween craft this month so we combined it with date night and had several hours of fun.

I asked R to stop by Michael's on the way home and pick something out for us to do. This is what he bought:


He wanted me to choose one and I looked at them for several days before choosing the pumpkin. Then the next problem was to figure out how I wanted to paint it.

All of my ideas were for "cute" pumpkins and this guy clearly has a "scary" face.

Then an idea finally came to me. We popped popcorn,  fixed carrots and dipping sauce, I made lemonade and we put a movie on. We sat down with our supplies and got started.



What did I come up with? It's a cute, sweet little pumpkin wearing a scary mask. Because, well duh... Halloween!



I think R got tired of it and decided not to do anymore on his skull, but they look really cute. Especially at night with the flameless candles inside.



3 comments:

  1. How adorable and what a great idea for a date night

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pumpkins!!!

    I'm with R though. I lose patience quickly when doing crafts. hahaha. I like to look at them though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pumpkin wearing a mask is such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete