Thursday, August 23, 2018

Home tour: kitchen and dining room

This is where you'll really start to see my love of all things minimal. I really hate for things to be sitting out. You'll notice that I put the snack bowls away. I love them, but they were driving me crazy lol.


I would have NEVER picked granite countertops or black appliances, but now that I have them, I kinda love them.

The farm sink is beautiful. However,  not very functional for someone who prefers to wash dishes by hand. I had to place a small dish pan in the sink. There is no way I'm filling up the whole thing to wash just a few dishes. I am slowly getting used to the dishwasher lol.


The kitchen is really big (18x16). So there was plenty of room for my china cabinet. R made this cabinet about 25 years ago and I love it! This is really the only wall space we have in the kitchen and I'm still working on the decor. I have a few things in mind, but I know I won't clutter it up too much. *The room to the left is the laundry room. We still don't have a washer and dryer, so that tour may be on hold.

I'm trying to bring in some pigs and watermelons as my theme. So far the only thing I have is this photo:


A close up look at my spoon collection.  I have some from several states, countries and special attractions .



Since the beta tank sits on the kitchen counter, I couldn't resist giving him this watermelon umbrella.  You know, just in case it rains LOL .


The dining room. Just simple red sheers and placemats.


The only thing I'm going to change in here is to eventually buy bar stools.

That's the kitchen and dining room. I love sitting at the table and looking out at the river. And since we love to cook together,  the big kitchen is perfect.

Next up: Maybe the living room???

6 comments:

  1. I love this post! Thanks for the tour. I'm so happy for you and your new home. Your kitchen is beautiful and I love the theme you have planned for it. I have a few "flying pigs" hidden in random spots of my house. And I'm in the same boat for the black counters/appliances. Nothing something I'd pick for myself either, but mine are the exact same and I love them. It looks very modern and sleek. Can't wait for the next tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like things sitting out either, so I am with you there! I like things put away. Makes cleaning easier too! Your home is very cute, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love the farm sink...and the dark counters make that gorgeous feature stand out...which makes me love the dark counters even more!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tour! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is coming together nicely! I do love that china cabinet. And I swear, once you get used to a dishwasher, you'll not want to handwash dishes any more...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful love the tour thanks

    ReplyDelete