Friday, January 20, 2023

Let's talk housework

 


For the past 23 years I've followed the Flylady cleaning system,  and I love it. But in October I decided to give The Organized Mum Method a try.


It has been quite the mental adjustment.  It's hard to break old habits lol. I'm on month 4 of this trial.  I figured I'd better give it several months just to be fair. 


I am liking it, and slowly getting my head wrapped around this new routine. However, I'm not quite ready to delete my Flylady Routine. I may go back to it at some point.


If you know the Flylady system,  you know that she focuses on one area (zone) a week. The Organized Mum focuses on one area a day for light, maintenance type stuff with a rotating, focused deep clean on Friday's. I like that everywhere is getting some attention each week.


I'll be sticking with this until at least the end of March before I make a decision on what to do after that.  Have you tried either of these methods? Do you follow a different plan? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment