Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Healthy Me - May review and June goals
It's review time! It may seem a little late, but let me explain. Since last Monday was May 29th, I counted the entire week as May. I had to wait until Sunday the 4th was over so my month would be complete.
May started out super charged! I was going strong and improved each week 1-2-3. Then week four showed up and I crashed. I was able to pull it together and showed improvement in week five.
Let's look at my goals.
1. Lose 3 pounds.
May 1st: 171.8
June 4th: 170
Year status: -2
2. Reach 6k steps at least twice a week.
Week 1: 4x
Week 2: 5x
Week 3: 6x
Week 4: 1x
Week 5: 2x
Reached this goal 4 out of 5 weeks.
3. Improve quality of calories.
Hmmm I did work on this and made better choices for my snacks, but meals and overall eating needs work. It's so hard for me to add in veggies when I just don't like them. I made some good changes though and I know I need to just keep taking baby steps. I'm counting this as a small success.
4. Walk at least 75 miles.
My total for May is 75.77 miles. I just barely made it!
5. Do Body Flex twice a week.
I did this 3 out of 5 weeks.
How was I successful?
1. I did pretty good with my goals.
2. I reached my miles goal.
3. I had 2 days this month with 10k+steps!
What didn't go so well?
1. All of week 4!
2. Didn't get the weight loss I wanted.
What can I do differently?
1. Continue working on quality of calories. I wonder if I'm getting enough calories? Even though I'm eating between 1200-1400 a day, fit bit says most of the time I'm under budget.
How do I feel?
1. Something has got to change.
2."Just keep swimming."
What motivates me?
1. Seeing the scale go down.
3. Small challenges.
I give myself 4 out of 5 stars ☆☆☆☆
It was a pretty good month.
Now, let's jump into June.
1. Continue with my 6 month shape up.
2. Lose 3 pounds.
3. Reach 8k steps at least 2 days a week.
4. Walk 90 miles on The American Discovery Trail. R thinks this is too big of an increase from May's 75 miles. He thinks a better goal would be 80. So I'm aiming for 90, but will be happy with 80.
5. Do Body Flex or yoga 2 days a week.