Friday, June 22, 2018

Let's talk

*Not our house LOL, but a pretty purple. 
You may have noticed that in the past couple of weeks I haven't been talking about our new house. I was so excited and it was all I've been focused on since April. So.... what's been going on?

The Friday before we were to close on Monday we get a call from the bank/underwriter saying that there was a "snag" in the paperwork.  The banker says "I messed up. To fix it you need to bring in $900."  We gather the money and when we get there, he says "Oh I was wrong, you  need $6,000." *Super stressed*

Holy crap!  We don't have an extra $6,000 cash laying around. So it looked like we were going to lose the house.  A friend - a true angel - offered to loan it to us. *Feeling some hope*

We we take it to the bank and he says, "the underwriter looked at it again and says you need $12,000." No freaking way that is gonna happen! *Let the crying begin*

I was crushed. We spent the weekend going through all the stages of grief.  They said they would continue to work on it, but our hopes we're not high.

The next week was up and down the emotional rollercoaster.  One day they would say everything is fine, the next day "another snag". (That's what they kept saying..... we hit another snag. If I never hear that word again it will be just fine with me!)

This week was another rollercoaster.  But finally, it's done! And we didn't need $12,000 or even $6,000 cash. What we had already put down was enough.

So the closing has been set for Monday at 4:00 pm. Happy house updates coming soon.

6 comments:

  1. How can people who do this every day make mistakes like that???? Oh MY GOD. So stressful. I am just starting the process to buy a condo, literally today I am viewing my first units. That would drive me crazy and to chocolate!
    So glad it has all worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $6000 is not a "snag", it is something they better have a clear explanation (and apology) for! What a mess. Good luck on Monday! By the way, I love that purple house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus!!! Just reading about it stressed me out so I can't even imagine how you've been feeling!!!! I'm glad it's working out though.

    I kinda want that purple house now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went for a roller coaster ride in our own house buying adventure so I completely understand the torment and dream crushing feelings you experienced. I really hope that everything goes well and after Monday that you are in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for the roller coaster but glad we are on a happy trail!

    ReplyDelete