Friday, November 23, 2018

Thanksgiving success


I accepted MaryFran's Thanksgiving Challenge and I think I came out on top.

1. Exercise the day of the holiday.
☆I walked 3 miles.

2. No bites , licks or tastes while cooking and cleaning up...food must be on my plate at the table.
* I took one bite at the kitchen counter and immediately said "oh no, I'm not supposed to do that!" So no more bites were taken.

3. One serving, no multiple plates.
☆Only one plate! And I didn't eat desert. 

4. Take a photo of what you eat.


My thoughts:
It was a beautiful day! R smoked a turkey and brisket and made grilled pork chops.

I made four kinds of friendship bread (cinnamon, white chocolate, lemon and banana nut), fudge, strawberry cookies and a pumpkin pie.

There was also mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes,  baked corn casserole, homemade bread rolls and a side salad. And I made dill crackers and a sweet and salty chex mix to snack on.

My mom is here this week and a friend came over for the day. My mom taught us to make dream catchers.

I walked 3 miles. I had a 221calorie lunch and a 709 calorie dinner for a total of 930 calories. Now, according to fitbit, 55% of those calories were from carbs, so not the best calories. But I enjoyed every bite of it! I skipped desert, but I did eat a piece of friendship bread for breakfast this morning. The scale was up .6 this morning but that's not a big deal.

I had such a wonderful day with family and friends. I kept my meal plan on track, and I managed to exercise.  The day was definitely a success.

8 comments:

  1. Ok I really stopped when you said strawberry cookies!!! Oh do please share!!!!

    Good job on the challenge!!! I think you had a very similar experience to mine....in that the challenge kept you from forgetting and tasting everything while working in the kitchen! And it gave you that guidance to actually attain moderation’ resulting in a victorious indulgence of a carb laden thanksgiving/holiday meal! The perfect way to ‘live life’

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful,beautiful dreamcatcher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, it didn't turn out too bad for a first try. My mom used to make hundreds of them to sell at craft fairs.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great holiday! I never heard of friendship bread. Is it a sweet bread?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a sweet bread, more like a cake really. Sort of like a coffee cake. It's amazing and everyone loves it when I make it. But it takes 10 days to make so I usually only do it for the holidays.

      Delete